Wednesday, February 28, 2007

A Fresh Start

I miss home a lot. I really do. Though it's not my first time being away from home anymore, I still get homesick from time to time whenever I am away from home. I guess it is not just missing the comforts of home and loved ones, but also the sense of security in a familiar surrounding.

Being away from home is a great challenge for me because I am forced to learn different methods to meet my needs in a different way and with different people around me. Therefore, there is always this longing for things to return the way they were as I am forced to step out of my comfort zone.

Nonetheless, I believe there is a positive side to homesickness, too. At least I know that I have family, friends and loved ones worth missing and a place where I can always return to when my little adventure is over.

Oh wells, many busy, busy days ahead. Yet, in the midst of all the busyness, I pray that God will continue to show me the lessons He want me to learn. No matter what the circumstance, I want to put in my very best to fulfill whatever responsibilities that have been and will be entrusted to me. I need to constantly remember that this is all part of my journey towards Christ, for Christ, and with Christ.

2 comments:

Wei Zhi said...

yea loh, i guess the more we go back the more homesick we feel. For me, homesickness gets worse compared to first year lolz.

but ei, got time lets go out again ah, i noe we all bz this sem but once in a while lah ^^ take care!

serene said...

haha! i tink we gotta start by asking matthew first coz he seems to be the busiest of us all! =P