Sunday, April 15, 2007

Walking the Faith

Just wondering…
With little eyes that are constantly watching & waiting to see what I choose to do, am I sending the right messages through my actions? I say that I am a Christian, but do I have enough evidence to support what I say?

The Christian life is a life of commitment and total surrender to the authority of God. It is about holding firmly to Him, obeying His commands, walking in all his ways, and most importantly, loving and serving Him with all my heart and soul. Yet, I know that many times I’ve failed to live up to what I’ve claimed to be due to those countless times when I’ve put my desires above others’ needs, and thus, neglecting the responsibility that I have in loving others just as Christ loved me in a sacrificial manner.

But, I thank God for His grace and mercy, for not expecting me to live this Christian life on my own, or by my own strength. More so, I thank God for sending me a helper, the Holy Spirit, to live in my heart, to daily guide me to make wise decisions and to teach me how to love others with the utmost ability that I can. Without the Spirit’s guidance, I think I'll find myself falling over the same failures time and time again.

Surrendering to God is a constant decision that one needs to make over and over again if he/she wants to be like the Master; to act like He would act in bringing hope, love, joy and life to the poor and needy. The walk won’t be easy, but God has promised a victorious life through the Holy Spirit. Hence, I will trust in Him to provide me with all that I need to carry out the works that He wants me to do.

And so, dear Lord, as I continually renew my commitment towards you, refresh my heart with the joy of your spirit; fill my cup with your love till it overflows in and out of my life; and strengthen my faith that I may have the power to resist temptations, that as a result, I can be a more faithful & effective witness for you in this world. Amen.

No comments: