Wednesday, June 6, 2007

My life's best man

He loves me, and will continue loving me all the way;
He’s committed to care for me as far as my life will take me.
His hands reach down to pull me up when I fall;
With a firm grip, he holds my hand, gently affirming me that I’m not alone to defend for myself in this insecure world.
As long as I need him, he will always be there for me.
He’s known me all my life-the good and the bad; he knows them all; yet, he accepts them as his own, for he loves me so deeply and dearly.
He’s always looking out for me, making sure I get the best.
Because of all these, I know that he truly means it when he says to me, “I love you, sweetheart.”

It’s not a poem, neither do I intend to make it sound like one. There’s just so much that I wanted to say about the best man I have in my life and I didn't know where to start from. So, I just listed whatever that came into my mind as my thoughts rolled.

It’s dad’s 52nd birthday today and I just want to thank God for His gift of life; for giving me such a wonderful dad. Dad has taught me many things in life, but I guess the one most valuable lesson I have learnt from his life is learning to see God in His loving heavenly Father nature; after all He embodies all qualities of earthly fathers in their highest form. This is probably why whenever dad gives, I am reminded of God’s generousity that is so free and ever-flowing; and whenever he holds my hands, I can imagine the warmness of God’s hands upon mine.

He doesn’t have to be the king or the president of the country to be the best man in my life. To me, he’s the best because he has already won the most important title that any man can ever achieve in life, “Dad”.

And oh, did I forget to mention that I love my dad? I love everything about him, very very much indeed.

No comments: