Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Loving quietness

I remember as a teenager, I hated quiet moments. I hated them because they often involve an absence of activity and goings-on, and any teenager would tell you that inactivity is simply boring! There’s no excitement at all without action.

However, I notice that over the years, my outlook on quietness has changed. Once upon a time, I tried avoiding it at all cost. But now, I want to seek it, treasure it and hold on to it as long as I can.

I guess over the years, I’ve really grown to discover and treasure God’s presence in times of silence and stillness. For on countless occasions, I have found my inner being burning with nervousness and anxiety. Yet, somehow, the troubled mind and heart can often find peace and calmness when I make an intentional choice to sit still and focus on God. Somehow, stillness brought about power and strength.

Perhaps the greatest strength than any one can find is in moments of silence, action-free. Because it is in those moments that the inner soul can hear the gentle whisper of God saying,
“My grace is all you need, because my power is perfected in weakness ~2 Cor 12:9
So, be still My child, I know your way

And I will guide, For My name's sake
Plunge in the rivers of My grace
Rest in the arms of My embrace” ~Don Moen

1 comment:

Wei Zhi said...

guess u deserve a good rest too frm time to time lah ^^
hope ur flu is recovering too.. get well soon! =)