Sunday, March 23, 2008

Life after death

If Jesus did not rise up from the dead like He promised, there would be no triumph over death. There will be no life after death. No purpose for enduring sufferings and hardships in this life. No significance in what we work and labour for.

But because Christ’s did exactly as He promised, that is to rise again and then sit at His Father’s right hand in heaven; we can trust that everything He has said is 100% reliable. This means His assurance of eternal life to us is real and certain. We will indeed one day live forever with God in a place that is free from all pain and suffering. Thus, we need not allow the stings in this life discourage us for our faith is built on solid ground.

Thank you, Lord, for your faithfulness to me. Thank you for loving me and rescuing me even when I deserve the worst. When at times I feel like just walking away, please remind me of the victory that I have in your cross and resurrection. Grant me your strength and power to swim against the tide in this world.

In Jesus’ Name,
Amen.

No comments: