Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Lemonade is sweet & sour

“When life gives you lemons, make lemonade”

I came across this phrase while reading an article and it made me grin. I find it quite amusing but it makes sense. It reminded me of James’ words,

Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance.” ~James 1:2-3

Most importantly, it reminded me that joy in the midst of life’s storms is optional. It is a choice; a desire, and a want that I must decide on in spite of my circumstances. This is the way real joy starts- it starts with me making that choice.

Life will continually offer us fresh & free lemons whether we like it or not. So, why not start making lemonade out of them? It will still taste sour-ish, but at least there's some sweetness added to it.

No comments: