Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day

By the world’s standards, my mum is not a Supermom. She’s organized, keeps the house beautiful and tidy, but not always. You’ll find her frazzled and unorganized at times, especially when she’s got million and one things on her to-do list. She can leave the house with her blouse inside out, obvious dabs of face cream on her cheeks, or purse left on the kitchen table.

But, so what if mum’s not a Supermom who can multi-task efficiently? I love her anyway. Even if she can only succeed at doing a few things, I still love her. I love her not because she can do many/little things for me, but because she does all things with utmost love and care for me.

If I can make mistakes, have stuffed up, moody or even bad hair days, so can mum. How arrogant and egotistical I would be if I were to think that mum must always be a perfect model, setting perfect examples in life.

I love you, mum. And I always will.

No comments: