Saturday, November 7, 2009

Beauty of marriages

He made the first move in showing interest in me despite my weaknesses and failures. He took the initiative to express interest in making me His bride. He shed His blood to confirm His interest and love for me. And so I said, “I do”.

Since then, He has never left me. He’s always there to lead me, protect me and provide for me. Thus I know He is serious when He said that we will be together for eternity. And I look forward to the day when He personally comes again to bring me to His side.

Maybe that’s why I love weddings so much. Witnessing a man and a woman come into union as they exchange vows is such an assuring reminder of Christ eternal marriage covenant with us, His bride. It’s also an incredible joyous occasion where the reunion of many meaningful friendships takes place- a fore glimpse and taste of what it will be like when He comes again.

I’ve always wondered why weddings have such a special place in my heart. Now I clearly know why.

PS- To Gladys & Eugene, Jacob & Yap, Lu Chien & fiancé, thank you for inviting me to be part of your Big Day. It’s truly an honour & blessing. Can’t wait to see you guys in Dec!

3 comments:

elaine.tan 陈伟伶 said...

I love weddings just as much :)

Serene dearest! Come home soon? We need to catching up time ;p

Till then, be safe alright?

(hugs)
Much love!
Laine.

serene said...

Lainez! Yups, will come home soon. Will be back next month before Christmas. Look fwd to seeing u. Yups, will keep safe. You too, yea. Take care!

Big hugs and love,
ME! =P

Eric said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.