Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Everything to God in prayer

Dear Lord, help me learn to make prayer my life. Make my life a prayerful one too, for I do not want to be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, I want to present all of my heart’s desires to You. I need Your peace that surpasses all understanding to guard my heart & mind in Christ Jesus.

Living a life of total surrender to You is not easy at all. The desire to take control of my own life, to set my own agendas, and sometimes, even the agendas of others, is so strong deep inside me. But, the weight of these worries and thoughts are too heavy for me to carry; they only lead me to distress and anxieties.

So, please do come and take Your rightful place in my life, dear Lord, the center of my life. Only You can help me overcome disappointments with new beginnings and an everlasting friendship. Only You can make my burdens sweet and strengthening. Help me to always have the desire to seek You and to make Your throne, not the phone, my first approach whenever I feel troubled.

In Jesus name, I pray,
Amen.
“O what peace we often forfeit, O what needless pain we bear,
All because we do not carry, everything to God in prayer”

No comments: