Monday, November 12, 2007

A simple response

In times of storm, I believe that Jesus is calling me to step out of the boat and not look at the wind & the waves, but to just keep my focus on Him because only He can enable me to walk on water. In any case, His dominion and sovereignty surpass all other things. As such, it relates to a freeing and humble attitude that willingly leaves the results in God's hands while waiting, yielded and still.

But then again, most of the times, my surrendering to God comes at a snail’s pace. More often than not, it happens after I’m tired of groaning and moaning or, after I’ve spent much time outlining a problem and then, realize “Hmmph, I really can’t figure this out myself”.

I want that gradual & eventual surrender to turn into an immediate & spontaneous surrender. I want to be able to trust God to take care of my daily concerns. If I can trust Him with eternal issues- knowing for sure that my inheritance is secured in heaven, then I want to be able to trust in Him with earthly, everyday issues too.

As difficult as that can be, I pray that God will help me do so.

No comments: