Monday, November 26, 2007

God's comforting peace

I thank God that He promises to keep in perfect peace, him whose mind is stayed on Him, because he trusts in Him~ Isaiah 26:3

Even at times, when reaching out for His peace seem quite impossible in such a crazy, chaotic world, I thank Him that that the peace that He gives isn’t like the peace the world gives~ John 14:27. The peace that He promises does not come in the absence of danger, but in His presence. And, it is in His very presence that my heart has often found comfort and assurance.

Nonetheless, it is only as we keep our minds and thoughts centered on Him that we are able to summon peace for every situation. Perhaps that’s why it is important and essential read the Word daily; rejoice always, pray without ceasing and in everything give thanks, for these disciplines help us grow in our consciousness of Him, our connection with Him, & our confidence in Him.

Dear Lord,
I thank you for your faithfulness to me and your everlasting promises. I thank you that you provide peace that transcends all understanding. Help me to daily learn how to commit my works to you so that my thoughts can be established by you.
In Jesus’ name, I pray, Amen.

No comments: