Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Prayer for joy

Create in me a pure heart, O God,
and renew a steadfast spirit within me.
Do not cast me from your presence
or take your Holy Spirit from me.
Restore to me the joy of your salvation
and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me.

~Psalms 51:10-13~

Indeed Lord, this is my prayer- my prayer for Your joy. Grant me Your grace and strength for each day, that I may live a life that is filled with joy abundance. I want to be like the sun, always shining even when night falls, or even when clouds cover it. May not any bewildering circumstance or experience stop me from smiling, for in You and You alone, can I put my trust. Keep me constant and firm in my commitment to live a Spirit-controlled life, as well as a willing spirit to obey all of Your commandments.
In Jesus’ most precious name, I pray,
Amen.

No comments: