Friday, January 5, 2007

A lesson on the power of love

As tears of anger & disappointment stream down my cheeks, I knew that I had to fight against it no matter what the cost. That’s what a follower of Christ is required to do- to forgive our debtors. It is certainly something not easy for us to do as it is not our natural instinct to forgive. Although I had the intentions to forgive, I did not have enough power to do so.

But, God knew what I needed to learn how to extend grace to others. He knew that I needed to be reminded of the love & grace Christ pours over me every minute of my life. And so, He sent my lil bro just at the right time to give me the encouragement that I need. His warm hug put me on a plane of love, where suddenly all the bitterness and anger within me started to disappear. There was no room for negative feelings as love started to warm my heart. It was a lesson on the power of love, a lesson which never struck me this deep until now.

When love is present, we learn how to put the best possible construction on the conduct of others, trying to see what was done was without evil intention. Now, I understand better of what it means when Paul defined real love to the Corinthians- It keeps no record of wrong and it never fails. Love always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

Everything's good now because I know it was unintentional. Of course, it still hurts, but I know that my dear Lord will heal it slowly, and that He will grant me the sufficient grace that I need to continue loving. =)

1 comment:

Wei Zhi said...

uiseh... blog d loh lolz ^^

well its a good thing, now can keep in touch more haha. i will b ur frequent customer so keep posting :P

take care!