Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Proofs and Evidences

I want my friends to be saved. I want them to be able to see & understand the greatness and goodness of the God I strongly believe in, so that they too can inherit the eternal gifts that Christ offers. But, how can I prove to them that the God, whom I so strongly believe in is the best and is above all other gods?

I have been thinking about that question for the past one week now, and I guess it is probably not possible for any of us to prove that God exists. After all, God is not an object which we can take and perform an experiment on in science labs. What I can do to convince them that Jesus is real is by showing them the evidences that is written in the Bible about the life of Jesus and to live my life as a reflection of the nature of Jesus. Perhaps, the strongest support to the evidences presented in the Bible lies in the way we Christians live our lives. Beyond this point, it is up to them to decide whether they want to believe it or not.

I am starting to see how the whole concept of proof can be pretty subjective because the amount of evidence needed to convince someone to believe in something varies according to each individual. One argument may be highly convincing to me, but leave someone else completely skeptical, or, there could also be times when no amount of evidence presented will ever be sufficient to convince one to change his/her mind when they have already made up their minds to close all doors to any further discussions.

I know there’s a limited amount of things which I can do to try to convince my friends to believe in Jesus Christ. But sometimes, I wish there was a much easier & faster way for all of them to come to know Him. Nonetheless, I believe that God has His ways & timing, and so, I will continue to trust in Him to work in their lives just as He has planned.

1 comment:

deb said...

hey dearie :)
Good reflection you have there... I guess the best way people open up to God is to experience His love for themselves. Which you do very well =) So keep up the good work k! see u soon! *hugs*