Monday, July 2, 2007

Cross-examine Him, He's always right

The trials and hardships we face in life should really be seen as opportunities; opportunities for God to mould us into a better person. But, too often we look to them as big troubles and complications. When God decides to do the kindest things for us, I often wonder if they are often wrapped in the roughest packages, the most difficult moments of our lives.

Every now and then as I look back upon the difficult times I’ve been through, somehow, I will always find God’s never-failing work in knitting all those times into a beautiful outcome at the end. Perhaps that’s why James said to “consider it pure joy whenever we face trials of many kinds”. That joy that he speaks of is the joy that comes from our trust in God, knowing that whatever He does and is going to do, is definitely the right thing to do; the best. Like gold tried in fire, so is our faith tried in the midst of difficulties. And because it is in His Word, we can be certain that the testing of our faith will produce patience & perseverance, a longer durability of our faith.

How do I know that whatever the Lord does is always right & good? Well, cross-examine Him if you don’t believe; He will definitely win. Under cross-examination, you will always find His motives and affections pure and sincere. Look to the cross. Jesus is saying, “I’m dying in your place, I’m bearing your sins, I’m paying for your punishment, so that you can be free from all these”.

He has proven it to us and we cannot deny it. Perhaps it really doesn’t matter if at times we don’t understand what God is doing, for on the cross, He has proven that He is totally in love with us and cares a lot about us. I believe that God will always have His reasons and they can never be wrong or unjust. Whatever happens in my life, I can trust that it’s for my best.

Then again, it doesn’t mean that in times of trouble I put on a smile because I want to hide that hurt to act tough. Rather, I smile because I know that God is doing something good in my life, even though I may think otherwise. It sure is difficult to have to experience unspeakable hurts, but I’m glad that God is using every one of those experiences to mature me in ways that I cannot imagine. It’s just a sweet lesson that we can learn of Him.

1 comment:

bionicshistrionics said...

Ahhh... it's never easy when trials come ones way as I've depicted once a many times in my blog... but then again, at the very end of the day, you see the fruitful thing, the thing that makes you grow and that gives you a wonderful thought - I'm never going down that wrong path again, but somehow, no lessons of similarity ever occurred more than once... I get a different trial each day, but it does make one feels stronger and more confident; in the Lord =)