Monday, July 23, 2007

The Lord's Supper

From being His enemies, we became His friends. Once, we were destined for hell, but now, we are destined for heaven. No longer do we live in the dark for we now have the Light. No longer are we under the wrath of God, but under His love & grace. All these goodness, only made possible because He died. Christ death on the cross made all the difference there is between eternity in hell and in Heaven.

On the night Jesus was betrayed, He took bread, and gave thanks, and broke it, and gave to them, saying, "This is My Body which is given for you: this do in remembrance of Me". Likewise also the cup after supper, saying, "This cup is the new covenant in My blood, which is shed for you" (Luke 22:19-20).

Thank you, dear Lord, for Your grace to allow me to partake of this sacred meal of Yours. You remind me that there is forgiveness for all my sins. You remind me that above all things, You love me unconditionally. You remind me that I was bought with a price, a truly costly one. That’s why You want me to glorify You with my body, my spirit, my soul; my all. However, sometimes, I tend to be forgetful and thus, I forget all that the great things You have done for me.

You knew this would happen, didn’t You. You knew that there will be times when I will allow myself to be pre-occupied with the things that are of no eternal value. That’s why you designed the Lord’s supper, so that whenever I eat and drink from your table, I will remember who I am in Christ. Every time I come to your table, You want me to carefully examine myself and let You cleanse me from all self-centeredness. Indeed Lord, “Only one life, 'twill soon be past, only what's done for Christ will last”. May I never forget this Lord; don’t let this phrase depart from my mind. Rather, let it be the conviction of my heart all the days of my life.

Amen.

No comments: