Thursday, December 27, 2007

The best birthday ever

My 21st was perhaps the best one in this whole wide world. The entire day and night was filled with so many pre-planned surprises and I just cannot find enough words to express my gratitude to all of you who made this day so special for me.



To my brothers,
I am moved to tears by the effort you two made in planning for this whole surprise, even weeks before my birthday. Thank you so much for ALL that you two have done, especially for contacting and bringing many of my Perth & BP friends together for this celebration. You two certainly made me feel like I was on the top of the world.















To my Perth friends,
Thank you all for your well wishes and kind thoughts too. Especially to Uncle Eng Chuan, Auntie Marilyn, Nicole, Esther & Debs, thank you for coming all the way up to BP to make my day a truly exceptional one. You all sure did make me feel like a princess for the day and I can’t thank you all enough for that.



To my BP friends,
You guys did a really good job in keeping this a secret from me. In spite of the many outings and conversations we’ve had over the last few weeks, I never once suspected that something was going on. Even though some of you couldn’t be here with me, your SMS-es and calls have already shown your warm sincerity. Thank you all very much for your gifts, kind thoughts, and most of all, allowing me to be part of your life…this includes you, Yong Hwee.
*A special note to Ah Liang: I’m so sorry that my 21st had to go on without you. But, we can still think of something else together when you get back ya. I also want to say a big thank you to you for surprising me with your yummy yam jelly. Thank you for getting your mum to make it and sending it over to my place.



To my parents,
I never imagined that you two could have been such good secret-keepers. =P Thank you both for not only being supportive of the whole event, but also for being supportive of me all my life thus far. You two loved m
e all the way, right from the very moment I was brought into this world and I know for sure you two will still love me to the end no matter what. If mums and dads were flowers, you two would be the very ones I’ll pick.

To my heavenly Father,
Thank you so much for
your grace & mercy, as well as your unconditional & unfailing love in seeing me through the past 21 years of my life. Thank you also for bringing such a devoted family and circle of friends into my life. You have brought so many special people to bless me at different times throughout the various seasons of my life, and I am extremely grateful for that.

There are so many more of you out there I want to thank, more than ever those of you who took the effort to make the long-distance/overseas calls and messages, just to wish me a happy birthday…you guys know who you are. =)

Thank you, everyone, for making my birthday so special!

2 comments:

Sarah.... said...

My dear godsis, I'm so sorry I missed your birthday this year! I was actually back in Malaysia for my cousin's wedding, but had no internet access at home so couldn't wish you on your birthday. Thank you for all the years of friendship we've shared. I really hope to catch up with you someday! Miss you heaps!

serene said...

It's ok, Sarah...I also want to thank you for allowing me to be part of your life...Childhood days would have been so different without you and Sam, godma & godpa..Yes, I am looking forward to the day we get to meet each other again.. Then, we can share with one another the many beautiful stories that God has made out of our individual experiences again..Hugs~