Tuesday, May 6, 2008

God speaks even in the most comical & amusing ways

Earlier this morning, I was contemplating hard whether to do some groceries and get some cooking done before I go to class or just lay back a bit and let my kitchen plans go. On one hand, I really wanted to cook- for others, but on the other hand, I was wondering whether my kitchen plans was part of God’s.

In the end, I decided to just go do some groceries anyway. I started getting myself ready and all this while, I was also praying that the Holy Spirit might give me a sign, to assure me that I was doing exactly what God would have me to do, because if I were to carry on with my kitchen plans, I really would like God to agree with those plans too.

I got myself showered and changed. Then, I got my car keys. Headed out the door and started walking towards my car. And just as I was started to get comfortable with the idea of going ahead with my kitchen plans and getting into the car, I heard something went “RRR-IIIPPP”. Lo and behold, there was a slit at the back of my pants!

I spent the next few moments in my car, chuckling to myself. I didn’t panic, not for the reason that the split wasn’t a terrible one because it was. But, there was an awesome sense of peace that came over me and a tone of voice telling me to take the morning off and be free from any kitchen work. It wasn’t a loud, firm, male audible voice that spoke, however deep in my heart, I knew that God was speaking to me. He was with me.

So, who says God doesn’t speak to us today anymore? He sure does. Not just through His Word, the Holy Spirit, and other people, but also through everyday life experiences, in various circumstances. Once again, I am reminded of the infinite ways our infinite God speaks into the lives of His loved ones.

4 comments:

Wei Zhi said...

i seriously laughed when i read this :P
if it were me He probably would have broken my bed to chuck me out and into the kitchen... so a pair of pants is still ok =P

Sarah.... said...

Hahaha..Serene, this put a big smile on my face today =) We have a humorous God who loves laughter.

Teabie said...

i can imagine u chuckling in your car! :)

-Stephanie

bionicshistrionics said...

Hehehe... no comments! =P